Fall Safety Protocols and Guidelines
Although our GraceStudents ministry team is very excited to begin youth ministry again, the health and safety of your student and your family is our top priority. Below are the fall safety protocols that the GraceStudents ministry team has drawn largely from the CDC Considerations for Communities of Faith, as well as protocols found in the Smart Restart page on Clay County District Schools website. In addition to the safety protocols, please note the following:
1) JH Youth Group will remain the same time (5 PM - 7 PM) because it coincides with Funday school (some parents drop off younger siblings at Funday school, and older siblings at JH Youth Group). We will serve dinner at JH Youth Group for the first 8 weeks (to coincide with Funday school), and then will reevaluate when Funday school ends. We will assign (1) leader to assist students (one at a time), in a safe, socially distant line.
2) SH Youth Group will be shortened from 7 PM to 8:15 PM. We will not be serving dinner, but will try to provide individually wrapped snacks and bottled water as we are able. We welcome these types of donations or gift cards to purchase these types of food/drink.
3) Jordan and I will also be providing virtual gatherings via Zoom - particularly for students who are unable to attend youth group in person. If your child is in that situation, please contact us so we can plan the best means to help your child(ren) feel like a part of the student community, as well as meet their spiritual needs.
Below are our safety protocols and procedures:
- Students will be required to sanitize hands (provided) upon sign-in
- Hugs, high fives or handshakes will not be encouraged or permitted
- Masks will be mandatory for all leaders and students (except when outside and 6' feet apart)
- Social distancing of 6’ will be required throughout the entire youth group meeting time
- Doors will be opened for air flow/ventilation (we will also occasionally meet outside when possible)
- No-touch garbage bins will be available
- Games/Mixers will not involve touch/close proximity/shared items
- We will not provide Bibles during the teaching time (students are encouraged to bring their own Bible)
- CDC Posters will be hung in the restrooms to promote proper hand washing
- Door knobs/Handles/Chairs will be disinfected after youth group.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19 after having attended youth group, we would ask that the parents inform Jack McNeil (if SH student) or Jordan Franco (if JH student) as quickly as possible. Per HIPAA regulations, the students' name will not be released, but parents will be informed via email that a student who attended youth group tested positive. If a student tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to quarantine from youth group for (2) weeks.
- If in the last 24 hrs, a student has had a fever of 100.4 or higher, or felt symptoms of body/muscle ache, nausea, diarrhea, congestion (non-allergy related), persistent coughing, or sore throat, that student should not attend youth group that week. If a student has had direct exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that the student remain home out of caution to monitor their health over the next 3-5 days.
- If a JH or SH student (who did not drive themself to youth group) experiences symptoms during their stay at youth group, the parent(s)/emergency contact* will be notified as soon as possible. The parent(s) or emergency contact will need to pick up the student within 30 minutes of being notified. Based on availability, the student will sit outside (socially distanced) with either (2) leaders or (1) leader and (1) student, until the parent(s) or emergency contact arrives. If the SH student drove him/herself to youth group, they will be evaluated to determine if they are well enough to drive home safely, and the parents/emergency contact will be notified.